If you’re being asked to do more with less, you need sales technology that will help you get the most out of your entire revenue motion. So let’s jump right into it with your first of several comprehensive lists that will help you boost revenue right now, even when the economy suggests otherwise. Each list below bullets out the features that sales leaders want to check off as they evaluate their sales tech. Keep them handy as you make plans about your tools and team in these rocky financial times.
When it comes to leads, don’t get too greedy — focus on your existing leads first. Outbound and inbound teams need technology that:
- Weaves AI and automation into prospecting workflows so that prospects receive the right messages at the right time.
- Offers a dialer with call recording, transcription, and analysis right within your existing workflow.
- Makes coaching easier with pre-set SDR activity goals that directly impact desired outcomes (i.e., opportunities created).
- Reduces the amount of manual and administrative work with automatic CRM sync.
When sales are hard to come by, every opportunity is precious. Sales teams need technology that:
- Includes deal progression workflows to keep pipeline visible and deals on track.
- Regularly presents coachable moments and deal gaps to prevent end-of-quarter surprises.
- Accommodates large buying committees and account-based selling.
- Creates an actionable forecast with the ability to drill down into activity and engagement data.
- Has tools to help sellers make the right pitch, find the right content, and share the right message with every account.
Your customers are at the forefront of everything you do. So, is there a better way to communicate with them? Maybe there’s a more effective way you can help them adopt the new tool. Account managers and customer success teams need technology that:
- Makes adoption easy for the revenue team — customers aren’t upgrading a tool they aren’t using.
- Automates support workflows that promote customer retention with a trigger based on the contract end date.
- Simplifies the handoff between sales and service, so the customer’s journey starts on the right foot.
- Makes it easy for customers to schedule a call or video meeting when they need help.
What do retention, upselling, and cross-selling have in common? They have the potential to create enormous revenue. Sellers, sales leaders, account managers, and customer success teams need technology that:
- Automates upsell workflows with triggers based on content viewed and intent data.
- Simplifies mass marketing upsell and cross-sell efforts.
- Improves speed-to-lead time when a customer shows interest.
Why a consolidated tech stack is a lifesaver in a tough economy
Companies that use Salesloft save nearly $750,000 in tech spend.1 That’s because one solution with multiple capabilities allows you to:
Get more out of your time
Do only the things that fuel pipeline and close more deals, not the busy work that kills productivity and steals important selling time. Automate low-value tasks and remove hopping back and forth between apps.
Get more out of your team
Know when, where, and how to take the right actions to find and close more deals. Shorten deal cycles, gain visibility into what’s working, and turn every rep into an A-player.
Get more out of your tech
Prospect, coach, forecast, and close deals all from the same platform — and save your sales from tech bloat. Save money, time, and management stress while making compliance, integration, and access control much easier.
And there’s more numbers to back that up, too. With Salesloft, customers found:2
- 50% increase in annual prospecting
- 60% improvement in response to opportunity rate
- 30% improvement in closed won rate
- 25% faster new hire onboarding
Steering your sales org out of a rocky economy is a challenge. But it’s not one that you have to do alone. With the right tools and coaching in place for your team, you can successfully stay afloat — closing more deals and earning more revenue at record speeds. And to get the most out of your entire revenue-making motion in this rough and tumble economy, check out our Revenue Cheat Sheet, then connect with us when you’re ready to upgrade to an easy, revenue workflow platform that sellers love to use.
1 & 2) Salesloft commissioned Forrester Consulting to conduct a Total Economic Impact™ (TEI) study and examine the potential return on investment (ROI) enterprises may realize by deploying Salesloft. All benefits above were realized over a three-year period for a composite organization. For the purposes of this study, Forrester aggregated the interviewees’ experiences and combined the results into a single composite organization that is a global organization with $3.3 billion in annual revenue, 650 in the people sales organization, a $50,000 average deal size, and a 15% net margin.