Tagging is a lot like labeling in Gmail – it gives us a way to apply an attribute or keyword to something so that we can easily organize and prioritize by this attribute in the future. Here at Salesloft, we think about tagging as an important feature of the platform – empowering you to find subsets of your data quickly and streamlined with your workflow so that you can make informed decisions about how and when to engage.
You can apply tags in a number of different ways and in a number of different areas. You can apply tags as you’re building a cadence. You can apply tags to subsets of leads as they’re being imported in. You can even apply them manually to a company record as you build out your account-based view. We see many of our customers apply tags around role, timezone, specialization, and even lead source so that they can better target their sales activities with the insight from the tag. Up until now, however, tagging has been a somewhat siloed experience – available in lots of areas of the platform but lacking an efficient way to centrally manage tags and make the most of this important platform component.
We’re introducing a centralized tag management system for team admins to be able to search, view, create, edit, delete, and even merge tags used across the entire Salesloft platform. From a single location, admins will now have complete control over the tags used by their teams, have improved visibility into where those tags are being used, and even see how frequently.
Search for “VP Sales” in the new centralized tag management center, and a plethora of amazing options will be available to you.
- View all of your people, companies, and personal and team templates in Salesloft tagged with “VP Sales”.
- Understand the personal and team templates and cadences that have been built targeted towards a VP of Sales persona.
- Merge tags similar to “VP Sales” (for example, VP of Sales, Sales VP, VP) into a single, standardized tag.
- Add, edit, and delete tags as needed to better organize your sales engagement platform.
- Track how many of each item has been tagged with “VP Sales”.
- One-click access to a filtered view of all of the items identified with a single tag.
We hope that you team admins will find these new capabilities particularly useful in improving the effectiveness of tag usage for your teams.